Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Haiku

The other day I posted a poem of a student and my version of said poem.  Here's my follow up:

I made a mistake
Don't touch someone else's art
Your haiku is yours

Tonight I ate out and wrote these (in the order in which they appear) all in the eatery:

In this restaurant
diners are oddly at ease
loudly confessing

Mom keeps on eating 
and texting, while her son throws
things out the window

"This man was sitting
nicely, so he gets dessert," 
she says to her son

After forty-nine
comes fifty, not fifty-one
and not yet sixty

I admire strong
What I don't care for is blunt
G-d, give us wisdom...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dessert!

nice Haikus, I don't always read them!

May 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Fixed. Thanks.

Edits welcomed and urged.

May 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home