Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Good Night and May G-d Bless

* Earlier in Day - Whatever woke up in me a week ago when Facebook crashed is still up and running.  I am inclined to blog.  Very few people see this, despite the availability to billions of people- and it's better for me that I don't think about that potential about the billions. Push and pull that's what I do emotionally and physically.  I want to be see and I want to hide, to be left alone and to be sought out...

** Later in Day - I am taken by the way that Chasidus takes things that are hard to understand, and shows it to be meaningful in a way you don't at first see.  One example - making a fence around the roof of a new house. The Nesivos Shalom explains that if this was just meant to be a safety precaution regarding property it need not be a house, and it need not be a new one. He explains that the house is our body, us.  The roof is our da'at/connection/intent. This works smoothly with the house situation. It's less smooth in situations about humans.  Regarding Avraham going to Mitzrayim Nesivos Shalom says that he went to an impure place in order to purify and prepare it for us, the Jewish People for when we would be there. He says that even the challenging episode of having Sarah say she was his sister and be taken by Paroh was part of an effort to bring the antidote to the lowness of Egypt as preparation for when the Jewish People would be there. May we be blessed to be protected by the ways that were paved and purified for us by our forefathers.

I wrote on FB today about movies I saw with people over the years, which I don't think they remembering happening.  Will share here upon request.  Maybe.

I also shared, yesterday, a list of about 4o places that I know people from who wished me happy b'day on FB.

I listened to a podcast tonight, in which a Rebbe of mine was interviewed.  He cited the phenomenon of dark nights of the soul, which for him means when big and hard questions plague him, attributing it to St. John of the Cross, and neither he not the interviewer blinked. 'Twas meaningful to me.

I have work to do, other than this, hopefully holy work.

Good Night and may G-d bless*

*Red Skelton's Farewell

The time has come to say good night,
My how time does fly.
We've had a laugh, perhaps a tear,
and now we hear good-bye.

I really hate to say good night,
for times like these are few.
I wish you love and happiness,
In everything you do.

The time has come to say good night,
I hope I've made a friend.
And so we'll say May God bless you, 
Until we meet again.

- Red Skelton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home