Thursday, October 07, 2021

Four In A Row (I'm Counting)

* In The Morning - So much to write, such a big part of my life, whether or not it gets published, whether or not it gets read.

So much to eat/so little to eat. Since man and woman were created eating has been an issue.

Covid is underrated, particularly psychologically. We are all living in traumatic times, and I was not one to say that pre-Covid.


**In the Night - A friend,who has worked for years in hospital management, once responded to my complaint about Drs. not doing much or being very responsive to me. He said that they know what it looks like when someone is very sick and when someone is not very sick they are happy and therefore don't pay much attention. Not sure I buy that, or grant them a pass, or can really unravel that logic. But there's something there I understand. it is a blessing not to be sick, like really sick.

Today I have not been feeling well. So, I got tested for Covid. Somehow, for some time, and to a degree still now, I and others have acted as if the only illness that is real is Covid. May G-d bless me to feel better, and anyone who is not feeling well too. The blessing on Covid, May G-d keep Covid far away from us.

Here's something I cited here 8 short years ago:

"One of the many things I love about books is their sheer physicality. Electronic books live out of sight and out of mind. But printed books have body, presence... I often seek electronic books but they never come after me. They may make me feel, but I can't feel them. They are all soul with no flesh, no texture, and no weight. They can get in your head but can't whack you upside it." 
- Will Schwalbe, The End of Your Life Book Club, pg. 43

2 Comments:

Blogger Music said...

Dear Rabbi Neil:
Shavua tovQ!
We hop you are feeling better. Have been trying unsuccessfully to reach you and Barry and batting zero. Please call us- your B cousins from Brooklyn

October 9, 2021 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Call me at 917 916 0644.

October 9, 2021 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home