Teaching. Hard work. But I repeat myself. It's the middle of the night. I went to sleep early and woke up after a few hours of rest. Thinking about tomorrow, and the week passed. Here's a review sheet for our latest test. The review sheet is expected. And yet. Things a teacher doesn't like hearing: Before the test - "So if I only know what's on the review sheet, I can get 100, right?" (No.) After the test: "But it wasn't in the answers on the review sheet that I got from the kid who took notes while I didn't." (It's not all about the review sheet.)
These are some headlines, hints, reminders, directions, of things we learned in class and students need to learn through inside and understand outside to be able to really take in the Torah experience this class is aiming to offer (and possibly to get a good grade too).
We're learning Sefer Bamidbar. Forgive me for transliterating that. (The saga of typing/cutting/pasting/ in Hebrew is a post for another time... or not.
- Know inside פסוקים כב- כ״ז
- ברכת כהנים:
- ’רשׁי’s question and answer about how the Kohanim are told to say (אמור)
- the meaning of ברכת כהנים including what רשׁי has to say on each of the words
-What it is known as in Shul and different customs
-What is unique about it (2)
- 2 explanations of what ה will do after the כהנים bless the people (רש"י)
- Know inside פסוקים א - ו
- Understand the meaning of אין/יש מוקדם ומאוחר בתורה and how it applies to this פרק and where we see this in ספר שׁמות
- The gifts of the נשאים and why each one is mentioned.
- Know inside פסוקים א - ב
- Know both רשׁי and רמבן’s opinion on סמיכות פרשיות and the key life lesson of רמבן as it applies to marriage, school, and one example of your own.
- Know inside פסוקים א - יא
- פסח - Know the date, and the laws
- פּסח שני - know the date, who it is for, and the lessons and law it teaches us
- חצוצרות- what were they used for ( 2 in the midbar and 2 in the future)
- Who was he according to רש"י
- According to the פסוקים what was asked and what was his answer
- According Rav Soloveitchik:
- why is חובב brought into the story now
-where on the rollercoaster is בנ"י
- What are the reasons for the backwards נ
- Why נ?
- Why is this added here now?