Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Post Yom Kippur Post

It's been a while since I posted here in the moments following Yom Kippur.  The one other time I recall doing it, 10 years ago, is a piece that has stayed with me.

I am with dad, HSLABW, who turned 87 yesterday.  My birthday was yesterday, and I turned 54.

A man got an aliyah in shul and afterward said to bless "kol mispachti vekol hamitpalelim kahn." I was talking then in when the fellow behind me (who I know since I was 10-ish) said "that about covers it," which made me laugh out loud.

It's a good thing, I think, to daven on Yom Kippur with people older than you, a helpful reality check.

I am full, right now, of hopes and prayers for a good year for me, and you, and all of us.

Yesterday I read something by Rabbi Abraham Twerski that struck me.  he said that we all know how to brood, because we've done it.  That means that we can also meditate in a positive manner.

May we be blessed this year to think positive thoughts and to create a good life for ourselves and for one another to the (large) extent that our life, which is so much in how we think and feel - which we can largely control, is in our hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home