Friday, September 11, 2015

Nachal Dovid, Where I Was Rooted

I wish I was in Israel.  I wish that the brief time I was in Israel wasn't becoming further away.  I want to feel the air, the dust, the water of israel on my body.  I want to feel the holiness of Israel in my soul.

On week ago I posted a poem that I wrote recently at a waterfall called Nachal David.

I'd like to try to translate it now.

Wishing us all closeness to G-d and rebirth via His holy waters.


Nachal Dovid, Where I Was Rooted

I want life like water
In my heart I'll build a brook
My boldness is brought out by water
My beloved knock from in the water
Today I begin drinking these waters
Confession: I haven't drunken the water of life
Pure like living water, my soul
My desire is to drink from your water
My purity will come from your water
I have hope in the water
My strength grows with the water of life
My sustenance is pure water
My situation turns around in the water
I have fallen and risen up
Your support flows from your water
My eyes are open like on the day I was born
My face is happy
The burdens of the world have flown from me
Closeness to G-d, the good, is found here
My will is becoming stronger
Your name is inside this bubbling brook
May it be your will, and my will, that my feelings here continue forever



נַָטַעתִי בְּנָחַל דָוִד

אני רוצה חיים כמו מים 
...בלבבי נחל אבנה
גבורתי יוצא עם מים
דודי דופק מתוך המים
היום אני מתחיל לשׁתות המים
וידוי: לא שתיתי ממי חיים 
זך כּמו מים חיים, נשׁמתי
חמדתי לשׁתות ממימיך
טהרתי יבא ממימיך
יש לי תקוה בתוך המים
כחי צמח עם מים חיים
לחמי היא מים טהורים
מצבי הופך בּתוך המים 
נפלתי וקמתי 
סמיכותך נובע בּמימיך
עיניי פּתוכים כּיום שׁנולדתי
פּרצופי שׂמח
צורכי העולם פּרכו ממני
קרבת אלוקים הטוב נמצא פּה
רצוני מתחזק
שׁמך בּתוך הנכל הנובע
תהא רצונך ורצוני שׁרגשתי כאן תמשׁיך לעולם 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home