Saturday, August 01, 2015

Some Words

10:25 PM - I have a hard time sharing here without writing that I don't know what to write or where to write it. Spoke to dad a little while ago. he is always happy to hear.  It gets lonely is assisted living. On the other hand it can get lonely anywhere. An ambulence came there over Shabbos, "some excitement." Someone passed away.  I "get credit,"he said, was the winner of the prize for first person to call him after Shabbos...

Reading News-

Recently finished The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy.  I really enjoyed it.  I liked it more than The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. But I do think you have to read that one first to get this one.

I started reading All Who Go Do Not Return. It is well written.  It is heartbreaking in many ways. Reading from it leaves me feeling awkwardly torn.

I read pieces of John Cleese's memoir, So. Anyway.  He speaks of his mother being unpredictable and going into rages and how he and his father were always trying to avoid that. His best memories of her are when he made he laugh. He never made her laugh as hard as when she was complaining about life and he said if it was that bad he knew a guy that could knock her off.  he says that he never loved her as much as he did at that moment.

Read pieces of Donald Hall's Essay's after Eighty. He is surprisingly funny and insightful.  I never read a poem of his that grabbed me.  He always interested me because he was married to Jane Kenyon who I did connect with, particularly her poem "Otherwise."

11:03 PM - Been sitting here and writing the above.  Had one exchange online with a friend. Wrote another two friends.  Posted on Facebook.

My soul longs and yearns...

Beyond 11:59 PM - What I like most in a TV show is relationships and humanity.  I can get through shows of various genres if there's enough of what I connect to.  The first 6 episodes of the new summer show Proof were okay.  The seventh one called St. Lukes really hit it out of the part for me, bringing in family, religion, loyalty, a big time emphasis on relationships and humanity.  Bravo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home