Wednesday, July 01, 2015

GNAGB AGAIN

I don't know what to write or where.  Going to do some blogging here as randomly, honestly, and best I can.

Just heard about a couple getting divorced, friends  - of some level - of mine, a whole bunch of kids and a whole lot of years.  Oh man.  I get, from the outside, that marriage is hard. People not getting married breaks my heart, and people being unhappily married and messily (it seems to get to messy eventually even when it starts out all amicable) divorces break my heart.  Sigh.

And now a word about writing vs. cleaning:

“I used to not be able to work if there were dishes in the sink... now I can work if there is a corpse in the sink." - Anne Lamott

I once read a more wordy piece by an author saying that her house is a mess but it's worth it because she writes instead of cleaning.  This comes to mind as I sit with stuff around me that needs to be organized, and stuff inside me that needs to be expressed.

I've become reticent about writing here. That classic line, "I've said too much but not enough," comes to mind. 

I am grateful that it is summer; more space, more thinking and breathing time. I must say, even though most teachers seem to disagree, I'd rather go straight through the year with more built in decompression throughout  than going from the intense year to the long break.  That having been said, I am grateful.

I have so much I want to share, but it's not happening.  Not here. Not now. I'm feeling blog shy and so I'm going to go. Goodnight and G-d bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home