Thursday, July 09, 2015

Spring Fall 2015 - Part I

On the last night of Pesach I twisted my foot. It happened in an unexpected and mundane way.  It was about 9 P.M. Dinner was ending and I was about to host a trivia competition that I call "It's Not Fair."  I taking a short walk on a country road between the Shul and my room.

I was on the newly paved, slightly elevated road.  There was very little light and it was drizzling.  I was walking along the edge of the road and to my left, lower down, was the old gravel.  Without realizing it I slipped ever so slightly and my foot rolled inward for a fraction of a second and I didn't fall but I screamed, because it hurt a lot.  I stood for a while, leaning against a farm like wooden railing, trying to regain my composure, hoping the pain would pass. A worker drove by, asked I was alright. I said no. He asked if I wanted him to drive me home.  I said no. And he was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home