Tuesday, October 07, 2014

It's my Hebrew birthday.  I am up, marking tests, working.  A bunch of years ago someone hurt me by saying something that ended with, "after all your job is only part time." As Paul Reiser says in a new routine of his, "Really?" (He points out that this word was once use in wonder and joy, "Really! That's swell." But now it's a hurt reaction word.  Like the woman he cut on line that he didn't know he cut until she said that word.  I guess -and i'm a pretty good guesser- that the person who hurt me didn't know it.  In any case-) My job is not now and has never been part time. I'm grateful to G-d to have a good, nay- great job.  And a good, nay- great life. I love that I was born at this time of year, between YK and Sukkos. I need to get back to work.  Just wanted to pause for a second and thank G-d for bringing me into this world on this day, once and again and again and again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Neil on your Hebrew birthday and on your English birthday too. The world is a better place because you're in it. Chag Sameach!

Sharon Marson

October 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home