Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Robin

We all have Robin Williams on our minds tonight. The sad news brings to mind this classic short short story.

A man goes to the doctor. He explains that he's depressed. There's is no peace, no happiness in his life. He hasn't smiled in years. The doctor says "I have the perfect remedy for you: The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go to the theater and see him perform - he'll make you laugh and forget your troubles." The man bursts into tears. Through the sobs he says, "I can't." The doctor asks, "Why not?" The man says, "Because...I am Pagliacci."

- Marvin Silbermintz



 On the cover of the album that captivated me as a kid.


 Performing on the streets of NYC with Marc Weiner.

The moment that opened Pandora's Box.

I could not be more stunned by the loss of Robin Williams, mensch, great talent, acting partner, genuine soul. - Steve Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home