Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Party Haiku

I wonder if I'm
the party of the first part
or another one

Parties are something
that I just don't understand
not even partly

Let's not party like
it's any specific year
Let's not party at all

Introvert parties
are like ghosts and spirits
they exist- somehow

Both the party's star
and the hiding introvert:
should really go home

I don't unserstand
these political parties
Neither one is fun

Some just see parties
while others see tests and grades;
such is college life

My face turns beet red
I'm allergic to parties
and to their red wine

They say be myself
when I go to a party
Well I wouldn't go

Social gatherings
of invited guests, with food
for some this is fun

Political groups
on a national level
are un-fun parties

prompted by Haiku Horizons

4 Comments:

Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Great threading of private and public political parties. And the introvert who simply cannot connect to either is definitely a soul mate of mine.

July 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM  
Blogger Sumana Roy said...

aww...not many would agree with you :)....it takes courage to be different...bravely done :)

July 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as usual ,full of wisdom ....painting the reality of parties ! saving again !

July 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Do introverts go to parties? ;)

After the Party

July 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home