Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hope The Contents of These Haiku Make You Content (They Switch Off!)

It's waiting inside
The details of everything
Including ourselves

Feeling good enough
- state of peaceful happiness -
satisfied and pleased

Sometimes I get caught
in between content and form,
praying for balance

Content is the word
for what I think simcha is,
rather than happy

I have my radar
for quality of content.
It's a strong system

Animals can sense
when you're feeling discontent;
some people can too

The rabbi's challenge
to not look at the cover
but at the content

Why not be content
with our third grade teacher's rule?
five, seven, and five

Tables of contents
don't show what's truly inside;
you have to read on

Content equals rich
And who is that? Nobody.
- Benjamin Franklin

I strive for content
in this smokey, mirrored world:
"Just give me some truth."

A secret to life
is truly seeing what is,
and being content

Prompted by Haiku Horizons

7 Comments:

Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

However, a table of contents can give you some clues about what you will find inside, even if you choose not to read on.

Content to Gather Shadows

July 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger rallentanda said...

The last one is my favourite. Be content and thankful for what you are already blessed with.Cerebral treasures are the only real treasures.

July 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the last one the best. There is nothing truer. :-)

July 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A poem, well written.

July 24, 2014 at 5:29 AM  
Blogger Reshma said...

Wonderful set, loved the last one the most, thank you for sharing the secret :)

July 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful contents ! wisdom lining as usual , Rabbi !

July 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Each of these comments means a great deal for me.

I apologize that I have not, this time, read other people's poems. But I hope to.

I am grateful to have haiku horizons motivating me to write.

July 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home