Monday, July 28, 2014

Clear Haiku

Clarity or death
Rabbi Weinberg used to say
Something to strive for

One Saturday night
The "On A Clear Day..." movie
Was viewed by my mom

So much is complex
Yet certain things become clear
As we move forward

They speak of clear minds
And it makes my mind wonder
About many things

When we say Shemah
We close our eyes to see
By looking inside

What's clear and simple
Is quite often incorrect
Yet sometimes it's true

Nixon waited to
"Make one thing perfectly clear"
When I was a kid

I want to clear space
In my home and in my head
And then take you in

Sometimes I want to
Clear the slate and start over
Sometimes I am real

Clearly we differ
Clearly we are connected
Unclear what to do

Inspired By Prompt At Haiku Horizons

7 Comments:

Anonymous Reading Pleasure said...

Wonderful set!

July 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous jazzytower said...

Loved that Nixon one, made me laugh out loud:)-

July 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clarity or death. Something to strive for, indeed. ;-) You're a funny guy.

July 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ! perfect clears ,Rabbi ! i admire them !

July 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger rudraprayaga said...

Nice collection.As 'asked for a flower, you gave a bunch'.

August 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger rudraprayaga said...

Collection I meant that of your imagination.

August 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

It is so meanigful to me that these words are meaningful to others and that you let me know so.

August 1, 2014 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home