Monday, June 30, 2014

Declined Haiku

Prompted By Haiku Horizons

Sometimes I will write
things that I decline to say
feels safer that way

The decline of love
of commitment and of will
peeks through the comfort

Becoming decreased,
downturned, depreciated
diminished in strength

Polite refusal?
Trying to reject gently:
"Aww!.. I must decline."

I think many things
and decline from commenting
For the sake of peace


Poetry's decline
means the world is declining,
resisting, failing

We're on the decline
Yet I hope we beat the odds
If just for G-d's sake

You think I declined
I think you never offered
And you think the same

Your decline has been
exagerated despite
your lucid wisdom

Rise up a level
or you will surely decline;
there's no standing still

7 Comments:

Blogger Ankita said...

Nice Haiku!

July 1, 2014 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Ankita said...

Nice Haiku!

July 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM  
Anonymous jazzytower said...

Nice set. I like it.

July 2, 2014 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Is poetry truly declining? Please tell me it's not true. Please!

Down a Steep Decline

July 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Please also consider linking your poem at Haiku My Heart. We look forward to your presence in our community. Thanks so much!

Click here: Haiku My Heart

July 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely! :)

July 5, 2014 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

How does the link go MMT? Do I link randomly? Are there topics?

July 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home