Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Real Time With Me

I'm posting in real time, briefly.  There's a secretary leaving today and I really want to say goodbye, just have to find the moment. She started working here as a senior in the school.  I was running a program for seniors in which they volunteered somewhere on morning a week for the second half of the year.  She wanted an office setting.  I asked the wonderful office manager.  She said yes. History.

Speaking of history i just met with a student about moving up in History.  I also met today with someone who's running for president of the school.  (Yesterday i appeared in another candidates video.)  This morning there was programming about brachot for students.  Every vaad had a bee last week and today there was a bee for all the winners.  it was well orchestrated.  Before the big bee today I taught  group about brachot.  i started by speaking about levels of spirituality.  Then I spoke about the brachot we say daily (about 100) and what purpose they serve.

In Public Speaking someone gave a great persuasive speech about Israel advocacy on college campuses. We are winding down and started the next assignment.  Several students recited poems or songs in a skilled manner and spoke about what the songs mean in general and to them.

Work and life are intense lately (lately?). I slept 4 hours last night and that's been the way it's been going.  Friday and Shabbos was school and a school Shabbaton.  Sunday was a shiur and then going with my cleaning person to my dad's house and seeing to it that the fridge and freezer got emptied and scrubbed after sitting for a year. I called Con-Ed for an emergency regarding the oven and gas.  We had a family talk. I went to the city for a social engagement. I fell asleep as soon as I went to sleep, late.  Up at 6 every morning.  The work is great - hamelachah merubah. 

Miles to go.  May G-d bless everyone in this world. please.  I know many people with parents with health issues and spiritual guidance is so needed. Please. Please help us all.  My family, my friends, and me, too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just sympathizing as my work and personal life are also very intense lately. I turn to your blog for some sense in a world that sometimes doesn't make or have any.

thank you.

May 21, 2014 at 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sympathizing with you as my work and personal life are intense now as well. I turn to your blog for chizuk and sense in a world that often offers neither.

thank you.

May 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you so much on several levels. Wishing you strength and realness and and and and and, today- and always. PS- Sorry about the confusion via the word verification, where it's hard tell if you commented or not, and also takes a while for me to see as I know longer get the email alerts I had before I took one or two people's suggestions to undo word verification and put in moderation.

May 22, 2014 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't used to the new moderation system, which I why I posted twice. Now I'll know.

Good Shabbos!

May 23, 2014 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I'm not used to it either. I think it's supposed to say that you're comment is awaiting approval or something like that when you comment. It's all good. If you know which one you want to save for posterity, let me know and I'll delete the other. Since they were slightly different I didn't want to choose one and delete the other so I okayed both.

May 25, 2014 at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home