Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Life Is A Trip: Haiku

6 Inspired By The Haiku Horizons Prompt - "Trip"

My foot catches on
before the rest of me does
so I trip and fall

Life is a journey
All we know is it goes on
Until it doesn't

John Steinbeck said that
unlike what he'd thought, he learned
that the trip takes us

Incomes are like shoes,
they say John Locke said-
too large and we trip

My trips to Shoprite
make me think of Disneyland
where I've never been

Sometimes I knew that
we were not almost there yet
still, I had to ask

------------------------

4 Written Previously That Fit With The Topic

Some travel so light
that I wonder if they are
even on the plane

Right before the film,
"We only pass through life once,"
the widower says

The child repeats,
"Not gonna get there on time."
Parent is silent

Our lives are our wings
strung out of beautiful threads
which look like burdens

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your words are always admirable .they have all the qualities of a great thinker . your name should be NY's Most influential Rabbi and not NY's Funniest Rabbi.

April 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The Steinbeck quote: Is is from "Travels with Charley," perhaps?

A Trip Long Ago

(Would you consider getting rid of the verification? It's really annoying. Thanks!)

April 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks all. Much appreciated. particularly your high praise- rajkumarmilan.

I feel that the verification helps keep out spam which I get sometimes anyway and it is helpful.

You can always email me if you want to share a thought. I can post it for you if you want. (It asks me for verifications too, and it is annoying, but not as annoying as the spam).

April 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have, again, taken a prompt and run far. Great work. As always, your work is entertaining, inspirational and informative.

I especially like this line
"All we know is it goes on
Until it doesn't" It quite suits my current life.
Alice

April 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Reshma said...

That is a fine set Rabbi Neil. loved the first two a tad more than the rest :)

April 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

Wonderful and deep thoughts as always Neil.

April 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Sumana Roy said...

the second one is my fav.....

April 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks all.

Yes MMT, it's from Travels With Charley

April 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home