Friday, April 25, 2014

Approaching The Day Itself

I never know what to write or where to write it.  Part of why I write here is so that I can look back here one day and remember.  i could do this writing in private.  And yet.

I am hungry at 10:50 AM.  Grabbing a second to write. Breakfast was 2 packages of oatmeal and some vanilla fro-yo.  I wanted just strawberries with the oatmeal like i had yesterday, but there were no strawberries today.

I've said before that I believe it was intentional that the first command G-d gave to man was food related.  and the first mistake in judgment man made had to do with food. Food plays a major role, in so many ways, on so many levels, in our humanity.

It's now 12:35 PM.  I just finished a meeting with a student.

I ate lunch quickly right before we met and ended up with the hiccups.  About 6 into these 13 i successfully just got rid of my hiccups.

I am thinking about Pesach and wish I had time to write here fully about it.  i was inspired by many people.  At the moment i'm thinking of Lynn who turned 90 on Pesach and is so vibrant and so wise, thoughtful, sensitive, and kind.

It's 6:07 PM, been home for less than an hour.  Breathing.  Breathing is good.  Cooking too.  Cooking is something I enjoy.  Cholent up. Salmon poaching. I have company tomorrow. Why ado I share this? Perhaps my share has something to do with my upbringing and its aftermath.

6:22 PM -

I had a wonderful and fulfilling and demanding yet pleasurable Pesach.  I worked hard yet enjoyed it.  I spent the one full day of Chol aMoed I had going back and forth to visit my dad.  I ran Seders, minyan, gave shiurim, lectures, ran workshops. emceed a talent show, spoke with many people and much more in my role as rabbi.

I don't know what to say.  So I will publicly hank G-d for both my Pesach work and my year work, which I dove back into yesterday.  I thank G-d for health and for connections, for life.

Shabbos is approaching and that's a good thing.

SHABBOS HAIKU

Yes, there was the rest
and there was a creation
of the day itself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home