Friday, March 28, 2014

4 Haiku On Sand

Stars shine above me-
The grains of sand in my shoe
Hurt me from below


It is safe to say
There's more sand in the bottom
of my hourglass


How much in my life
are temporary facades-
Castles made of sand?


I want to hold you
Like sand passing through my hands,
First I must find you



I  am deeply grateful for the community of HaikuHorizons.  Sometimes i feel like my life is non-stop (which when you think about it can be understood various ways and can be a very good thing).  I write, like I breathe, regularly- but not in as focused a way as I'd like.  I try to respect my breath and my words. I read the haiku on this site and appreciate them greatly. I want to find more time to read, and especially to comment.  The feedback i get from fellow poets can make my week. It is a blessing to have this opportunity to read the words that emebnate from beautiful hearts and to know my words are heard by sensitive, poetic souls.


Blogger cheryl said...

This is a wonderful set Neil but I hope there's more sand in the top of your hourglass :)
Your Postscript is very endearing to us. I enjoy scribbling and participating but I love even more blog hopping and reading how others interpreted one word. It's always a delight to me.
You have a special gift Neil, scribble to your hearts content :)

March 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM  
OpenID rajkumarmilan said...

thought provoking as usual ! love the last one ! bravo !

March 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Sumana Roy said...

some wonderful images...

March 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM  
OpenID alicekeysmd said...

These are all rich and deep haiku. I'm glad to have the chance to read your work.

March 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home