Friday, March 28, 2014

4 Haiku On Sand

Stars shine above me-
The grains of sand in my shoe
Hurt me from below

----------

It is safe to say
There's more sand in the bottom
of my hourglass

-----------

How much in my life
are temporary facades-
Castles made of sand?

------------

I want to hold you
Like sand passing through my hands,
First I must find you


-----------

POSTSCRIPT

I  am deeply grateful for the community of HaikuHorizons.  Sometimes i feel like my life is non-stop (which when you think about it can be understood various ways and can be a very good thing).  I write, like I breathe, regularly- but not in as focused a way as I'd like.  I try to respect my breath and my words. I read the haiku on this site and appreciate them greatly. I want to find more time to read, and especially to comment.  The feedback i get from fellow poets can make my week. It is a blessing to have this opportunity to read the words that emebnate from beautiful hearts and to know my words are heard by sensitive, poetic souls.

4 Comments:

Blogger cheryl said...

This is a wonderful set Neil but I hope there's more sand in the top of your hourglass :)
Your Postscript is very endearing to us. I enjoy scribbling and participating but I love even more blog hopping and reading how others interpreted one word. It's always a delight to me.
You have a special gift Neil, scribble to your hearts content :)

March 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought provoking as usual ! love the last one ! bravo !

March 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Sumana Roy said...

some wonderful images...

March 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are all rich and deep haiku. I'm glad to have the chance to read your work.

March 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home