Saturday, January 04, 2014

Gut Vuch

It's been some time, feels like a long time, since I wrote here in real time.  So here goes.  perhaps it's needless to say, but if you're new here (and let's face it, I have very little idea of who comes here, though according to my stat reader it's 50-100 people a day) let me let you know that I don't know what to say or where to say it. The what's or whys of my writing are a mystery to me.  For some reason this book title just came to mind, not that my writing here is poetic or stylistic, it's more like a mitigated version of vomiting onto a page, as the best writing teacher I ever had, Jennifer Natalya Fink, used to advise. 

A friend just called. And now he called me on typing on my blog.

I read this over Shabbos-

"Open up the gates, even if we closed the gates." - Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach 
(Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach - Life, Mission, Legacy By Natan Ophir, page 306)

Jeff Daniels is doing his folk music show in New York this weekend. Here's his song, "If William Shatner Can, I Can Too."

I read this over Shabbos-

"The power of an old story cannot be lightly dismissed." 

- Avivah Zornberg, "The Particulars of Rapture," page 292


I'm tempted to edit, to let this sit till later, but I feel like doing a pure entry in real time.

Thank G-d for rest over Shabbos, and holiness, and realness, and some introvert recharge time.

I hope for a good week for everyone, and when I say everyone, I'm including everyone as best I can, and I'm including me as best I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home