Monday, August 19, 2013

My Nephew's Wedding

10:30 AM - Dad is just coming through his door.  One hour till we watch our nephew/grandson's wedding at http://new.livestream.com/bti/kovi-nechama

11:59 AM - My nephew just veiled his bride,  He's crying. My brother handed him a tissue.  I'm remembering him crying as a newborn.

12:08 PM - His parents just walked him down to the chupah.  His mom put his kittel on. His parents are all smiles and palpable nachas.  He is shuckeling and davening as intensely as his kallah was a few moments ago at the bedekking.

My niece just walked down. Giant, genuine, smile. Now the brides maternal grandparents. Now the kallah's brother. Her sister. The bride and her parents.

Now she and the mothers are circling him.The groom is praying super intently.  I hope all his prayers are answered for good. Her brother is doing the announcing.  He just made a shout out to the two grandfathers who can not be there. My dad, Opa's been getting a lot of shout outs, regards, and good wishes.

They are married.  The brachot were said by HaKotel's Rabbi Taragin. He's put the ring on her finger. Now he's put on a tallis.

12:27 PM - Rabbi Taragin is speaking, mentioned by dad by name in his brief words of blessing for the bride and groom. Now the ketubah is being read with fervor by an Israeli Rav. My brother and sister in law are beaming more than imaginable.  The groom is shuckeling front to back, the bride swaying side to side.

The old Avinu Malkeinu tune is being played follwing the reading of the ketubah.

Brachot

1. and 2. Zaidie on bride's mother's side.
2. Rav Yehuda Wagshul Groom's mom's brother - a rebbe in Mir
3. Rosh Beit Medrash of Shalavim For Women
4. Rabbi Jesse Horn of Yeshivat HaKotel
5. Stevie Zeitchik, husband of my sister in law's sister
6. Rabbi Avraham Chaim Feuer, Rav of bride's parents
(if I heard right)
7. Did I miscount?

12:44 - Close up of post chuppah dancing around chatan and kallah. They are holding hands so sweetly.  May they feel and be so weet to one another for the rest of their lives.

Heading into the yichud room...

Now dad and I are eating our lunches as the camera pans the beautifully set tables in the gorgeous banquet hall in Yerushalayim.

12:59 PM - Dad's still working on his meatballs, spaghetti, and mashed potatoes (though the menu called for pureed cauliflower with mushrooms). I finished my mexican flavored turkey breast (even though dad said I wasn't allowed to eat it because it said it was a family pack) and my rice cakes (nothing says I'm trying to watch my weight louder than rice cakes).

1:28 PM - All the first cousins and their kids just came up to the camera and sent love and warm regards to my father.  My brother just called my father saying they just came out and they were doing pictures.

1:55 PM - My sister in law just came up to the screen and spoke to my father saying that she misses him and hopes, "Im yirtzeh Hashem to be and celebrate with him soon."

2 PM - They should soon be coming out for first dance...

2:08 PM - They're playing intro, fast music - seeming to indicate that they're about to come out.  The crowd is gathering...

2:11 PM - Here they are!

2:28 PM - First dance still going strong.

3:08PM - The meal has started and the streaming has ended.

Mazal Tov!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov!

August 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home