Tuesday, July 09, 2013

4:24 PM - Sitting with my miracle man dad in his rehab facility. Left home for the horse and buggy route at 11:20. Got here a bit before 2.  The carriage lanes can only go so fast.  Dad wants me to check something on the computer for him. GTG.

5:12 PM - Dad is finishing his dinner.

The market is up for the third day in a row.

Since I'm here 3 friends called dad on his cell.

It's the nine days.  I'm reminded of my friend's definition of Galus - wanting to do the right thing but not knowing what it is.

Tomorrow's plan is to represent my school in visiting 5 camps.

I'm sitting with dad, the TV's on.  It's good to just share space with him, and have him be himself. Thank G-d.

5:28 PM - Here are some poems from my diary, written two Sundays ago:

G-d is always here
At a bus station, Kotel
It is we who change
If we are less present
The connection weakens

------------------------------

Can arguments help?
By definition they don't
Discussions? Maybe.

--------------------------------

Do SUVs prove
Anything at all in life?
Maybe in due time
I will understand these cars
And the people who drive them

--------------------------------

I don't like to fight
At least not on the outside
My inside suffers

----------------------------------

5:35 PM - Putting the computer away.  Hope to write more from home.

9:45 PM - Just got home. This picture  post just came to mind from back when it was a set thing for me to go to Staten Island for the first days of Sukkos.  I miss that. Still, getting to Staten Island and back is a schlep that I never pine for in and of itself.

10:29 PM - It's hot enough for everyone.  And I am tired.  Hopefully not dehydrated.

11:31 PM - I put up a blog post. How meta was that?

Thoughts and other things are getting blurred
I don't know if I can stand for this any more
Realty in quotes will soon give way to dreams
Eventually tried gets jumbled into this feeling
Death will soon give a brief sneak preview

A way to be when not asleep, to one degree or another
Why is this state so highly rated when it's just one option?
A while goes by and you feel more or less focused
Keep away from caffeine, sugar, and lesser uppers
Eventually we will realize that this part was the dream

11:45 PM - Good night and G-d Bless
He wrote, still, living alone
Writing to billions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home