Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"You'll always be a part of me because there is always something there to remind me."


Last Tuesday I left Israel.  It was Tuesday August 14, 2012.  I had spent most of my two weeks there in the Jerusalem area but in the end stayed with relatives nearby Tel Aviv. My flight was at 4 P.M. After minyan in the A.M. I spent some time in the Azrieli Mall. I didn't know this existed.  Something that struck me on this trip is how industrial Israel has become; there are many big malls, a new complex of cross country trains, giant movie theaters.  I remember at some point during my five plus years studying in Israel a rebbe of mine said to me, "After all you're living in a country." I often see Israel as more of a spiritual recharger than  a country.  But I think if I intend to ever truly live there I'll have to wrap my head around the fact that it is a country, becoming more-so every day. These last pictures I snapped on the last day of this visit are there to remind me.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home