Thursday, August 02, 2012

Day Two

Yesterday morning on the radio that was playing in the cab on the way to Yerushalayim they announced at close to six that the recital of Shmah would be at 6 AM,  And so it was. At exactly 6 AM someone with great diction read the first paragraph of the Shmah.  The driver approved, "Why not - there are many datiyim, in Yerushalayim?"

Last night the woman at the front desk told me that she liked my shirt.  Here I am in the holiest city in the world and the universal travel size holiness of a kind word still struck me most strongly.

I found myself a nice mehadrin cafe with free wifi - Bleecker.  I've been here for hours.  Amazing.

Someone I kind of know who is headstrong and has assertive body language that speaks volumes just walked in.

Confidence suits some
or at least that's what they think
wearing it as one

My  battery is running down, and so is the one on my computer.  I forgot to bring the chupchik for the plug. Gam zu letovah.

I took a picture of something this restaurant has that I never saw anywhere else in my life. Perhaps I'll post it soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger rr said...

Siyyum hashas last night at binyanei hauma after spending morning with my mom. Kotel this morning followed by awesome buffet at cafe Rimon. All you can eat 49 shekel with a GOOD teudah;). Worth it...and now Shabbat arrives Baruch Hashem! Enjoy every moment of your trip! I hope that it is extremely meaningful for you and all that you hope for. Shabbat Shalom!

August 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks! I ate at Cafe Rimon on Thursday night - was really good and nice (and packed).

Hope all is as well as possible with you.

I'm glad I pushed myself and got here.

Like the ba'al tekiah on Rosh HaShana said when asked how it was going, "Shofar sho good."

August 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger rr said...

Lol. We got there early on Friday morning...nine...so it wasn't packed. There was so much variety (even omeletes...though I wasn't in the mood)...all for forty nine shekel....glad you came! Enjoy every moment! Shavuah tov!

August 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home