Friday, July 06, 2012

11:44 AM - The Chafetz Chaim once told someone in need to have their home ready for Shabbos by chatzot - midday every week. That is challening yet powerful  Can you imagine?

Rabbi Solovechik said that it took the Jews of America a while to keep Shabbos, but they still don't "get" Erev Shabbos.


Just saying your name
Honors you - perhaps
You, usually neglected
Yearning to be noticed

Your sister - born one day after you
Just because of that, she's respected
But without you she could not exist
I'm sorry, I love you Erev Shabbos

3:44 PM - Waiting for Shabbos.

6:33 PM - Still waiting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Eric said...

Thank you so much for continuing to blog. Though I tend to drift away from reading it, I do always find myself stumbling upon your blog and there's something so soothing about your writings and thoughts. They just always say what I need to hear, in one way or another. Thank you.

July 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erev Shabbos is special--but usually hard for women to keep that in mind! I like to listen to "Jewish" music while I cook and clean the house. This week is an exception: we have the minhag not to listen to recorded music during the Nine Days, so I didn't have the company of song today. But, RN, reading your poem (again, I do believe) helps me feel the approach of the Queen!

July 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks PM - thoughtful as always.

July 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home