Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chag Sameach


After ten years of working on the service side of Pesach vacations it's not so easy to be a guest in a hotel. It's n0t that hard either, don't get me wrong. Here I am in the Honor's Haven Resort and Spa (formerly the Fallsview) brought to me by Elite Dimensions Passover Tours. I felt compelled to speak publicly at least once. People said it was well presented and "polished." I hope so. After giving about 15 talks every Pesach over ten years you'd hope it gets good. There's so much talk about the food that you can forget that the Catskills are the Jewish Alps. This morning I sat and thought as I watched the lake. Though probably man-made , it is still the most beautiful thing in the place. It did just fine. I sat and breathed while ducks squawked, birds chirped, all in agreement...

Yom Tov is moments away - wishing redemption for us all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Trudy said...

If you speak half as well as you write, I am sure it was a beautiful speech. I spent both seder in Florida with family. It was nice. Have a good Pesach!

April 25, 2011 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Ask Teacher Pam said...

Ah, the Fallsview! Spent a lot of time there in the "in-between" days of the '70's: no longer the great Catskills Days of Yore, but still a bounty of great food, Mal Z. Lawrence in the nightclub motzei Shabbos, hay rides in the fall, winter sports in the winter, and great group rates all the time--my ORT and Hadassah chapter all booked Shabbatons there! I spent lots of time outside (which made me a odd duck, not to mention a young duck among the aging Jewish women 'machers') rather than being inside playing Boggle or canasta. I cherish those memories.

April 27, 2011 at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home