Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Book Him (Click For Link)


The blog made the book. Then the blog made the book's back cover. Moshe Radinsky was the first to recommend I start a blog. Moshe took many professional level photos of me, patiently, and painstakingly. One of Moshe's pictures made the book's back cover.

I have to contact the person that took me to that front cover photo's scene. People keep asking where it is. It's somewhere in the Connecticut part of the Berkshires.

I am greatly appreciative of the positive feedback and support the book has been receiving. Some students requested and set up a reading in school. Colleagues have been reading it and weeping - literally. People have been telling me which ones they like, asking me which one is my favorite, and both telling me and asking me what the haiku mean. Perhaps best of all some have said that they love it.

One issue is getting them to people. I have a lead on some guys who might do post office runs for me. That'd be helpful, car-less as I am. Meanwhile, I have a list of people to mail or get books to via messenger, horse, buggy.

My dear friend Anonymous suggested that I "mention the book's title at least once in every post." That sounds like a good idea, although ironic as it may sound for a blogger to say this - self promotion has never felt comfortable to me. On the other hand, I've been trying to do more living, less blogging. So, blogging about a major moment in my life - if I'm going to blog at all seems to make sense. Discuss.

3 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

Ah, I've been away from blogs for a while, and now that I have returned, I see that your book is published. Mazel tov!

March 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog, the book, and the Rabbi--all fascinating and worth waiting for. Mazel tov, RN!

March 3, 2011 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks!!!

March 3, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home