Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Minchah Offering

Someone googled minchah offering and landed on this poem. I'd forgotten that I had written it.


It's the middle of the work day
A time ill-suited for prayer
Kind of like a coffee break
Mid performance of a bypass
`
Early morning, late night
We make time and pray
In the vein of exercise or
other early and late musts
2
But the Minchah Amidah's
Against the grain interruption
Standing still in the afternoon
Let's admit how awkward it is
t
t
I'm in the middle of a life-span
(Almost comically, so called)
An unpopular time to pause
Pen poems, hum new tunes
3
In my youth, in my old age
It was, will be O.K. to play
Like my not driving a car
my lacking a power position
3
In what's called mid-life
Running is all the rage
Yet I'm thrilled to sit and
Share this poem with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home