Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Ouch Post

On Motzai Shabbos, I felt the ear starting to drain, but it hasn't improved much since then. Pain, discomfort. The medicine (is a steroid a medicine?) is called prednisone and I just went to a site of posts by people on it for ear pain. The range is from the person who says, "I have had chronic problems with fluid in the ears, ear infections, etc for the last eight years. The very first time it happened, I kept going from doctor to doctor with that horrible ear 'fullness' accompanied by sharp pain in the ear. After a month of that agony, I went to a doctor who finally prescribed prednisone, and within an hour, the fluid started clearing out. It's like a wonder drug," to a lot of grumpier people who had less success with this drug. It seems like a tube may be the way to go, as the doctor said to call Wed. A.M., one way or another and say how I was feeling - and that if it wasn't better (how much better? how can I tell if it's on its way?) then they'd put in a tube...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tuber will provide instant releif, but many doctors are reluctant to go that route. You might want to ask your ENT about the prescription Nasacort AQ spray, which works well but takes a long time to take effect.

December 23, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home