Friday, December 31, 2010

If you were to ask me my favorite time to blog (go ahead, make my day) I'd probably say, "Right before Shabbos." On the one hand it's a hard time, some would say a wrong time to write. On the other hand the words flow and it feels like this time of transition is a time that calls to be captured in print.

There are things on the floor that shouldn't be. There are things on the table that shouldn't be. (There are sentences ending in ways that they shouldn't be). And yet.

The week is evaporating. I sigh it out. The sun heads down, and for one day a week I notice. A different aura enters and I'd like to say I feel it.

I try to be a tiny bit original in the wording I choose. After writing the above I opened Rabbi Twerski's Prayerfully Yours to look at a thought on Shabbos. I was surprised by the wording of the paragraph I opened to.

"On Shabbos we can put the past behind us... Any differences that occurred between people should evaporate." Prayerfully Yours pg. 279

More than I keep you
You keep me - sane and alive
Week in and week out
And yet I play hard to get
As you, Shabbat, approach me

P.S. A student asked if my book is available on line, so I took a look. It's available, but don't buy this book - yet. Take a sneak peek, but wait for some technical points to be fixed before purchasing any (I'm also waiting).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting a book published! May more come in the future. I could not come up with the radio show name either, by the way.

Trudy

January 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I declare you winner! You came closest, because you tried.

It's not really full done, needs to be. The I owe you one - literally.

It was the theme music of Jean Shepherd's radio show.

January 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger kishke said...

That's a nice poem. Cleverly worded, which I appreciate.

January 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks Kishke.

January 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger rr said...

IPOY!

January 2, 2011 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

X X

xx xx
xxxxx

I just spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to get a big smiley face in here. In the end I improvised.

Thanks RR!

January 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger rr said...

Well I just saw it and it brought a huge real smile on my face...so tx and you're quite welcome!! I so meant it!

xx xx
x
xxx xxx
x x
xxx

January 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home