Sunday, October 31, 2010

Six Links - Inspired by Haveil Hevalim:

1. Anne has impressed me over the years as being a person of substance, thoughtfulness and true spirituality. Check out her latest post - pictures of our planet included.


2. Some of my favorite bloggers have either gone away or post less than they used to. Pearl is at the top of anyone's list - I think - of good and kind people/bloggers. Pearl's most recent post was about holiday memories. It seems that pretty much everyone of a certain age remembers their father peeling an apple (and in my case oranges and tangerines too) in one strip.


3. Pesach Sommer writes about his connection to running and Judaism. Pesach's most recent post focuses on what he feels and thinks as he runs through Williamsburg during the NY Marathon. By the way he runs for Chai Lifeline and if you're able to sponsor him that would be great.


4. Quinn Cummings is a childhood actress who's made it in the best way possible. She has a healthy, happy, funny life. I interviewed her here during her blog book tour. In her most recent post she shares something she recently said to her "consort" and asks readers to share the most grown up thing they've ever uttered.


5. Jack remembers a lot. He writes a lot. He's a master blogger. Today he recalls Halloweens past: Halloween 2010.


6. Miriam nee Mirty was one of the first people to ever comment on my blog. Her old blog was real, raw, and beautiful. Now she's focusing on putting those qualities into her painting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Soccer Dad said...

That's Quinn Cummings who was Marsha Mason's daughter in The Goodbye Girl?

October 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Yup. That's the one she's most remembered for, followed by her role on Family. I'm grateful to Pearl for tipping me off to Quinn's blog.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinn_Cummings

October 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger torontopearl said...

Hey, Neil, you always mention me in a positive light, and I thank you.
Yes, it's true: I blog rather infrequently of late. There really is so much to say, but it has a tough time surfacing at times. I wish my blog writing would come as easily now as it did...say, three or four years ago. In many ways, Facebook has taken its place; it's quicker, more superficial...but I do so love to comment on a certain comedienne's FB page, always trying for the one-liners to match hers. (Wendy Liebman's page)

Why and how did I manage to miss your interview with Quinn last year? I recall when you first commented on her blog and she wrote to me, thinking I'd sent you her way. What an insightful interview, and I'm so glad you had a chance to do it.

These blog interviews seems more laid-back and a wonderful venue, no?

October 31, 2010 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Batya said...

Nice little round-up.

November 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Thank you for your kind words. You are one of my constants in the blogging world. Consistent and reliable.

November 1, 2010 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

thanks for the comments and support fellow bloggers.

November 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home