Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Leich LeShalom

"Every one of us has to cross the bridge or fade away." - I was struck today by those words written by Bernie Taupin, sung by Elton John. I took the pictures above yesterday. Walking along the empty shore at off hours helps me, hopefully, to move toward crossing my bridge. I wrote the following two poems today, sitting alone in the sand and sea.

I watch a sailboat
As the waves tackle my toes
Beneath the jetty

------------------------------------------

Go toward peace
Or she may not
Come to you

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne D said...

Oooo, I love "tackle my toes." My mind expected "tickle my toes," which would have been a cliché. Tackle is so much better! I can feel it.

What is going on with the parachute in the top pic?

July 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks, I was thinking to do tackle my feet - but it's a bit further from what I'm describing although even less of a cliche'.

It seems to be a popular fad. You (someone, not me) actually sit and fly in that balloon and it's controlled by a boat below.

July 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home