Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Took Some Comfort There












I've just returned home from the AJOS convention at the beautiful Heritage Hotel. On the left is a picture taken by me from the balcony and a picture taken of me on the balcony. I'm not a big hotel person, they can feel to me like very lovely jails, yet I have to admit I enjoyed being in this hotel. The staff were all friendly and accommodating (and when that happens it's not an accident and not a small thing). The hotel and setting were rustic and warm. There was all male swimming and I swam for the first time in about thirty years (I was the only one who took advantage of the swim time, until one other gentleman appeared). The hotel is not always kosher but they are catered and have frum groups regularly, including on Pesach (run by Mendy Vim). The hotel owns its own siddurim and has regular keys for the doors for Shabbos (haven't seen that in a couple of decades). There are great spots and views inside and out for reading, writing, thinking. I found comfort.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Minnesota Mamaleh said...

sounds like it was a meant-to-be stay! love that and am so glad it was comforting. that's a lovely way to describe it! :)

July 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

thanks, i appreciate your reading, commenting, and getting the sentiment of this post and appreciating my word(s).

July 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home