Thursday, July 01, 2010

"I am with book."

5:52 PM -Day 4. I'm counting. And enjoying. Tuesday was a fast day (there's an oxymoron for you). Does it count as a vacation day? It feels to me like an off the radar, off the books, supra-natural kind of day. You know what I mean? I have been successful in meeting with people and taking care of some of the things I've wanted to. I've been out and about all day today, as I was yesterday.

I am once again writing from Barnes and Noble. I'm sitting in the same aisle, different branch.

Yesterday I bought a new bio on Rabi Yehuda HaLevi. I'm loving it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

On the street before I passed this scene.

Female Half of Couple: (Forcefully, with affect and body language that telegraphs different message than words): "You're sure I'm not pressuring you into anything?

Male Half of Couple (Looking scared and tired, sounding resentful): "Yes."

Female etc: (more strongly stressing the double bind): You sure?

Male etc: (with intense resentment) "YES!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

6:18 PM - "I was with book, as a woman is with child." - C.S.. Lewis in Till We Have Faces.

I love that. I am definitely with book (which beats being with cold).

6:35 PM - I'm looking through the new book on the Lubavitcher Rebbe. I'm surprised that they don't acknowledge this book, which seems to have done what these authors did, but a while ago, on his own.

Off for now, more soon. Maybe.

Our world, like Our Town
has undetected sweetness
every single day

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shira at Table Poetry said...

'I was with book'. I love that quote. Good luck. Leida kalla, as they say.

July 2, 2010 at 2:18 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks Shira. When I have a cold I sometimes say, "I am with cold." My mother used to call me on that, didn't think it was correct English...

July 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home