Friday, July 09, 2010

Baruch Dayan Emet


Rav Yehudah Amital has passed away. Searching his name in this blog will pull up about five posts from the times I quoted him over the years, as recently as this past June 25th. I can't claim to have been his student or to have known him. I have a soft spot for him because aside from my grandfather, of blessed memory, he is the only human being I ever heard sing a certain song. It was at a Melava Malka at YU that he introduced the song from his childhood and then sang it. It was one of the songs my grandfather would share with me regularly - about being alone in the forest, hearing the birds, and deciding to fear obny G-d and not man. The last comment to this post includes some the of the information on the song that Rabbi Shalom Berger kindly had researched for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home