Monday, June 28, 2010

What I'm Doing This Summer

They say that it's best for the author to not explain poems, and in this case I agree with them. I will just say that these were written before, during, and after a dear friend's wedding ceremony I attended yesterday.

We all seek control
From whatever side we're on
G-d please redeem us

People change over
after you get to know them
or is it just you?

It seems a struggle
Real vs. professional
They must be made one

Sociopathic:
Some rabbis perceived this way
Rabbis, please stop it

Is it natural
For two people to unite?
Myriads say yes

Bride and groom are bound
by the one and only G-d's
holy tradition

Try not to say "I"
More-so not to think of "I"
When you serve others

I cry at weddings
and sometimes when the rain falls:
firework moments.

There will always be
People that we just can't have
We always have us

Does husband or wife
become your number one friend?
Yes, no, I don't know.

"It's nice to be nice."
Sometimes cliche's can be true
"Could happen to you."

---------------------------------

We each seek relief
It's relief we seek

As a daily tweak
Or at end of week
At our peak
Or When weak

It's relief we seek
We each seek relief

----------------------------------

How long happiness
How long life
How long happy times
for husbands and wives?

How long tragedy
How long disdain
How long time of grief
How long psychic pain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home