Wednesday, June 09, 2010

On The Long Bus Ride Home

BIG BUR
k
We wear our stuck-ness
Each of us stuck and free
Each in our own way
~
On the road: traffic
In our veins: cholesterol
In our heads: daydreams
Clutter, clutter, everywhere
Our souls long for breathing space
~
A long bus ride home
Twenty strangers ignore me
And I ignore them
Yet, I mark them in writing
And take them into my book
~
Almost had a ride
I write alone on the bus
A haiku is birthed
~
"Damn this traffic jam,"
James Taylor sang in his song
And I disagree
Traffic's a chance to let go
A lesson in acceptance
~
FROM DAVID FOSTER WALLACE
`
"How's the water, boys?"
One big fish asks the young ones
Reply: "What's water?"
~
G-d does not get stuck
To feel and be un-stuck
Is to be like G-d
`
Sometimes , like Hagar,
The well is right before us
We just don't see it
~
We're in the middle
In the middle of a bridge
It's where humans live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home