Friday, June 18, 2010

In The Middle of the Night I Outpour These Poems

~
E

IT WASN'T ABOUT THE MONEY

We asked each other
the question: what we'd do with
a million dollars
She was to keep her day job
And I would write this poem

------------------------

I WAS A YOUNG TWENTY-EIGHT

She didn't like that
I didn't write on the lines
Or have a job yet

-----------------------

T

WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN TANACH?

Hers was Nachshon, mine:
Poet, warrior: David
Those were our answers
And we stayed sticking to them
Ask me now? Achashveirosh

--------------------------

HER FAVORITE SAYING

"You win and you lose,"
she said: wise beyond her days.
Then I won and lost
~

2 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

So who was she? Tell us more!

June 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

It's two different people, and to cite REM, "I've said too much but not enough," (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_My_Religion)

June 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home