Friday, June 25, 2010

Gutten Erev Shabbos - Balak 5770

Fleischmann's Rule Of Emotions: Ignore modifiers, as in a little disappointed in you, a little concerned, a little angry, a little in love. I just shared this rule with a friend of mine and he disagreed. Then I brought him around. I changed his mind by asking if his wife said she was a little upset if he'd be able to respond, "So glad it's just a little," and then sit down and have it all fixed in a minute. No.

It's erev Shabbos. That's supposed to mean something. And it does. And yet, it could be more meaningful. My hosts are davening at 6:40, so I've got to go, I've got to go. I hope that Shabbos for you and me and all of us is not a little sad, not a little unappreciated, not a little less than she should be.

When I was younger
I felt Shabbos more strongly
I miss that embrace
As the sun sets I will pray
I will pray to feel Shabbos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home