Friday, June 25, 2010

The Frum Community Has Begged For It, And Here It Is - More Poetry

j
Free Style

Is it true that
it takes more time
to write
a short poem
than
a long one?

I write this
while taking in
a garden
wondering:
Is G-d's world
a long poem
or a short
poem?

Haiku

To write short or long?
Is it true short takes more time?
G-d's world: short or long?

We all need mazal
Even a Sefer Torah
G-d: Protect our flaws

What you see, you get?
Is gentleness a facade?
How about gruffness?

Sometimes we speak up
and come off as the problem;
now that's a problem.

G-d knows what it means
for a person to be good;
we figure it out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Minnesota Mamaleh said...

lovely. just lovely. (did your really write this all in a garden? that sounds...blissful!)

June 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you. There was some poetic licence involved. (I just realized I've been spelling licence incorrectly my whole life.)

So glad you appreciate, and let me know so.

June 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger rr said...

Interesting..."More" Poetry...I work with a woman named More...Maybe I should show her this but since she is Israeli she might prefer and "ODE":) Seriously though, I enjoyed the poetry and I wish you a Shabbat Shalom!

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you, thank you RR, and Shabbat Shalom.

June 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home