Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Do We Have Time For This, Paul?"

I worked and had my share of stress today. And yet, or maybe - therefore, I'm up. I'm not going to doctor the time. The posted time is when I'm beginning to write this, the ending time will be later (that's how it works).

My dear (now in college) student Barry told me that he saw my link on hirhurim and I didn't know what he meant. So I went there and searched my name and found a link from - I think - January 2008, when I had raised to Gil the fact that the college crowd he addressed at YU about blogging were not into blogs. A show of hands in the vote - suggested by Rabbi Yosef Blau - which followed my comment supported my story. Blogging (and AOL-IMing, and emailing and MySpace and reading) are out. Facebook and Twitter and Mac - video chatting above all (and of course bad new video games) are in. (See this amazing presentation on understanding kids' [and lets be honest, adults'] minds today: Phil Zimbardo On Time.)

I asked Barry and he told me that my piece on Paul Shaffer was linked to on Wednesday. I didn't come up in a search. I didn't see it. Then I clicked on additional links for Wednesday there's a link to Paul Shaffer on Prayer. I was wondering where the hirhurim style comments were coming from. Now, I see.

If you want to see what a post of mine looks like with 6 non-regulars sharing their thoughts, follow the link to The Paul Shaffer Post.

Thanks Gil and co. for linking to my post.

2 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

Your link to the Paul Shaffer post goes elsewhere.

June 22, 2010 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks for the comment/assistance. It's fixed.

June 22, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home