Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Sigh and a Link: For Pesach

Pesach writes beautifully, and there's nothing like loss to bring it out:

As my siblings and I have gone through our parent’s house this week, I have come to realize that I must have gotten this habit from my mom. My dad never saved much of anything. I suspect that he had no desire to hold onto memories of a painful childhood that included the death of his father and constant challenges from a difficult mother. My mom, on the other hand, saved everything. We have discovered old photos, birthday cards, postcards and coupons so old that the issuing company no longer exists. We have laughed as we have looked at old drawings and things we wrote, and cried while reading birthday cards our parents exchanged.

To read the whole post, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home