Tuesday, May 25, 2010

KeVatikin



This painting was submitted for my end of year Gemorah project. The assignment was to represent something that we learned through art. It had to be accompanied by a written explanation. The written parts will, hopefully be displayed together with the works - museum style.



This painting represents the ideal time to say Shmah in the morning. The holiest way to do it is top recite Shmah right before sunrise and Shmoneh Esrei right after. The words of Shma recently poured out from this man's heart and now the sun shines. There are a lot more details about the earliest and latest times fro Shmah, which these students did a terrific job of writing up.



Thank you Sarah W. and Leah B, who not only did the work, but also got it framed on their own. Special thanks to Leah who believed in this project from the start and helped make it happen for the whole class. A very special thanks to my school's incredible art teacher Ahuva Mantel who assisted our students every step of the way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Minnesota Mamaleh said...

that is simply...breath-taking. and, as always, i'm so very impressed with what you assign to your students and, of course, how they conquer it! well done!

May 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

thanks. I'll pass on the compliment to them. these students splurged on a frame on their own (twenty dollars). I'm working on getting these properly preserved and displayed. They really hit the nail on the head.

Many more are to follow, please G-d. This really went well, and I have to say a student (one of the one's who painted this) sold me on the idea and they really dove in.

Your feedback means a lot to me. It is a hard job and I invest - maybe it's harder because I invest - nd any positive comments regarding my work go a long way.

May 31, 2010 at 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home