Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scrabble With Mom - Motzai Shabbos Kodesh, Parshat Ki Tavo - 5779


These are the score sheets from my last Scrabble game with mom, September 6, 2009, the last Shabbos before school/work. I don't recall if we played for two and a half or three and a half hours. Though I think many people would not enjoy Scrabble at that pace, we had a good time. It was that night that mom told me that I was a gem. Thanks. On Thanksgiving week-end, my first non-Jewish holiday related school break, we watched a video instead of playing a game like Scrabble or Bananagrams (which I introduced mom to once, but she didn't take to it). After the film I said something about it being nice spending time. Mom said that she didn't understand how people called sitting and staring at a screen for two hours spending time together, when there was no laughing, talking, etc. Good point. Scrabble was richer than Ghost Town - a movie about people dying and returning in spirit due to unfinished business left behind - the last movie we watched together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A picture is worth a thousand words . . ."
Sharon

March 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Sigh.









Thanks.

March 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home