Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Now: Yehi Zichro Baruch

The unusual is usual, so today was a usual day. We all just spent a half hour following a processional for a funeral that took place in our school's shul. It was for a man who built, supported, led the institution for many years. A colleague who's been here for over 30 years remembered him to me as a gentleman who knew teachers by name, would visit the school and sit and chat with faculty members over coffee. As we walked I just kept repeating "Halelukah haleli nafshi...teizei rucho yashuv la'admato..." May his neshama have a aliya and may we who he enabled to learn here bring great goodness for his soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

Not Yosheiv B'Seser?

March 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I get confused on doing that one by heart. We were all called out of class - it was hard to know when the funeral would end and we'd be called, it ended up being earlier than (I) expected. Hundreds and hundreds of students and faculty and attendees were standing and walking. I just reached for one that seemed appropriate that I knew I knew fluently and could keep on whispering.

March 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home