Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MeTube

So much to blog, so little time...

As of now the only tape I know about of my full live performance on the recent Chabad telethon is the VCR recording my parents (TSLABW) made. I looked around on YouTube and found about half of the routine here. I am identified as The Rabbi Comedian.

Sometimes, in the playground of my mind, I feel like Clint Holmes - and if you don't know who he is, that's my point. Being the Funniest Rabbi in New York, or whatever other twist people have put on the title ("Funniest Rabbi In The World", "Winner of The Funniest Guy Contest" - both true stories, actual introductions) is a funny reality. My name is not a household name, but the Funniest Rabbi in New York is a household entity - most people have heard of that guy, that contest, that concept.

My thanks to toys1187 for posting this on YouTube. Maybe a computer savvy reader can use this clip and put it on YouTube again with my name, or maybe I'll ask toys1187. Maybe someone knows how to get it from video to disc to you tube. I'd like to have a copy of the whole thing, from intro to ending. I actually like the little improv (that you don't see here) that I did when one of the hosts asked me to read the number to call - and I appreciate a friend's appreciation of that piece.

Good Night and G-d Bless.

8 Comments:

Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Correction, it's tovs1187. I apologize for the misreading and miswriting.

December 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger kishke said...

Ah, a face a voice to go with the name and writing. Nice monologue!

December 17, 2008 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks K, much appreciated.

December 17, 2008 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger esqcapades said...

I loved the joke about the employee when you're on a date - very funnny.

December 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you...Thank you very much. That's a favorite amoung the HS crowd.

December 21, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL @ "poo-poo-poo platter" !!!

You had some good ones in there, funny Rabbi. So glad to see you in action.

January 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks Anne. Poo poo poo is a Jewish thing - I thought, but I saw in My Big Fat Greek Wedding they said something like that. I think saying a phrase against the evil eye is universal...

Glad you enjoyed. I have some footage where you can hear audiences enjoying. I am not so (at all) adept at getting it from disc to on line. Maybe one day I'll get it onto Youtube, if I tap into the right resourses.

Thanks again for the appreciation - so glad I made you laugh.

January 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm familiar with the "poo-poo-poo" thing, which is why I so enjoyed that joke. Not for nothing did I see "Fiddler on the Roof" about a dozen times on both stage and screen, and also live for nine years in an urban enclave of Orthodox Jewish families. I was also the dreaded blue-eyed shiksa in a Jewish-gentile relationship for a year while I was in college; my boyfriend's grandparents were the real deal, I'll tell ya. ;-)

January 5, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home