Sunday, July 13, 2008

To Me A Wow

Two and a half years ago (did you used to round up your age to the half, as a kid? - I did) I posted the first part of a long poem, one that resonated for me, by Rabbi David Ebner. You can find that post here.

That post got a relatively large amount of comments and encouraged me to, shortly thereafter, post sections II and III of Poem Parts.com (here). That post brought no response. I held back from tediously typing out the rest of the poem.

Recently a friend recalled the poem and the post and that was all I needed to start thinking about posting the rest of the poem.

I highly recommend seeking out Rabbi Ebner's book, which touches and impresses me more each time I look at it. There you can read that entire poem, plus many more. What follows are the final two pieces of -

PoemParts.com

V

Rabbe Nachman said:
Somewhere,
a man is asking a question
but has no answer.
Somewhere,
a man is giving an answer
but has no question.
When will they meet?

VI

Maybe,
in all that poetic detritus
you'll find a line
in my poem parts yard,
a wire connecting -
the unoiled slammed door
of love memory
to the smoke and fog woman:
creating -
a resurrection of lines,
a sense of lives
joining
question
to answer,
opening
a door
to one
who drifts through
your fog
like smoke.

--------------------------------

To me, that's a wow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here!

Maayan

July 13, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil is that you? Did you go to Solomon Schechter in Cranford together?

July 14, 2008 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Anon 1 (Maayan), thank you.

Anon 2 I love reconnecting with people so I wished for a second that it were so, but I didn't go to Sholomo Schechter in Cranford. I hope you'll visit and comment anyway.

July 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home