Friday, May 23, 2008

Have A Great Shabbos

For a while I was posting almost exclusively in question form? Did you like that? How did that make you feel?

If there are no questions then there can be no answers. A teacher recently told me about a presentation that he seemed to enjoy giving regularly. He added, as if it didn't matter - no-one listens. It's like selling without buying. It's like unrequited love. It's like playing tennis with no-one on the other side of the net.

I just posted on parshapost regarding Bechukotai. You can get there via the link on the side. I never put in a counter there. I only know of one person for sure who checks out that site.

I included a story I've shared before. One of my favorites:

One evening a Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle going on inside him; "My son, it is between 2 wolves. One is evil: Anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.The other is good: Joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it and asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee replied, "The one I feed."May we be blessed to nurture the good inside ourselves and to merit great spiritual success.

This winning, via feeding can change. That's part of why we have ups and downs.

I'm going to be brief for now. There are some recent posts that I hope people look back at and take in.

Shabbat Shalom
and G-d Bless

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thank you so much for the Cherokee fable! I am going to print it out and post it in several different places in my work areas at home and office. And on my son's computer at home. It's perfect, really.

Regarding the questions you were asking: I love them. But I have felt too busy lately to answer them, and I regret that.

May 23, 2008 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I love it too. I've posted it before - but it's good to repost my favorites. You never know who's going to catch which one.

No pressure to answer. I like your comments whe you can. And youire one of the people that I know comes by and takes in what I write and I appreciate that.

A friend of mine once told me that if I listened to everything I shared I'd be unbelievable. Another friend recently told me that if I took it all in it'd be too much - maybe half.

May 23, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I just noticed that the first line of this post ended with a question mark. That was unintended.

Did you think it was intentional?

May 24, 2008 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger rr said...

I thought that it was intentional, since it wasn't a question? Though it wasn't intentional, it was probably subconscious. shavuah tov.

May 25, 2008 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Re: the first line being a question. Yes, I thought it was intentional. I figured you were speaking in Teenage-ese. :-)

May 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

You thought that? OMG, really? Why would I do that? Do you think that's a normal way to talk? Kids do that - like - a lot? Girls, more than boys?

May 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home