Friday, March 14, 2008

The Whole World Is Waiting To Sing A Song Of Shabbos

My Queen

I'm always rushing to you
at the same time I run away
Last minute I embrace you
time and time again

Minor infractions I've waged
but I never broke you - never broke away
Sunsets; ours, when I find you
and sunsets foreshadow our departure

We can't be together all the time
yet I pray we always meet and part
I pity those who've never had you
You; sweetness, you; grace

No-one holds me for a minute
the way you hold me the whole day
No possession can match the holiness of our time
And now I hurry like thousands of other rushes

I pray that I arrive to embrace you in good time.

Just in case you missed it, the above poem is about Shabbos.

And if that was too verbose:
Come here and hug me
Has it only been a week?
Come here Shabbos Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home