Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday, Sunday 4

.
Via this site:

You Are An INFP
,
The Idealist
k
You are creative with a great imagination,
living in your own inner world.
Open minded and accepting,
you strive for harmony in your important relationships.
It takes a long time for people to get to know you.
You are hesitant to let people get close.
But once you care for someone,
you do everything you can to help them grow and develop.
In love, you tend to have high (and often unrealistic) standards.
You are very sensitive.
You tend to have intense feelings.
At work, you need to do something that expresses your personal values.
You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.
How you see yourself: Unselfish, empathetic, and spiritual.
When other people don't get you, they see you as:
Unrealistic, naive, and weak.

---------------------------------

The above are the result of a personality test that I found via MiriamL. I wrote about this typology two years ago at the same time that I went to the vacation house I was just at. Hmmmm. In my INFP post back then I asked people to take the test and see what they were. I got one of my highest responses ever. Fascinating survey. In the days following that post there was more about this, including the results of my color preference test. One of the things I wrote about was my change from INFP to ISFP according to the test at the time. But my S was slight. And now it's back to a clear N. MiriamL/Mirty seems to have been re-assesed and had one letter change too. Feel free to take the test and let me know. I buy this stuff big time.

----------------------------------

A yeshiva elementary school teacher was recently asked by a student how people who are extremely into Rabbi Soloveitchik as their one and only Rebbe and buy all his writings and keep all his customs and tell all his stories, etc. to the almost total exclusion of all others are different than a Chasid who is very into his Rebbe.

Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------

So much to say, but it's time for sleep. I thank those who on and off line commented on the poem I wrote last night. It was just a paragraph at first but I polished it off and found there was a poem inside.

------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't remember being ISFJ that time. (INFJ this time.) The mysterious S to N and back transformation...

I can't speak to Rabbi Soloveitchik in particular, but the saying is to find yourself a teacher.... Many people gravitate to learning one person's point-of-view in depth, as opposed to sampling a broader mix of views.

June 4, 2007 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

i doubt that people who are very into R' Soloveitchik believe that he has the same intermediary metaphysical position that is attributed to hhasidic rebbes.

June 4, 2007 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks for the comments. I'll weigh in at a later time on this Q.

June 4, 2007 at 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following the discussion about Rav Soloveitchik on another blog and I must admit to being amused. He has clearly become the Rav Nachman or Lubavitcher Rebbe of a certain part of YU. Still, they insist on coming up with all sorts of teirutzim to justify their over zealous connection to him. From the mimicry of using high fallutin' Latin phrases, to the fact that in these circles he is quoted almost to the exclusion of all others, to the quoting of his hanhagos as if they are Halacha L'Moshe MiSinai, He IS a chssidic rebbe. At least most sects appoint a new rebbe when the old one dies.

Pesach

June 5, 2007 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home